Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 months and beyond

Well I've made it beyond the three month mark. My handicapped parking tag is expired on 9/8/11 and I am walking sans cane. However, I still have a pretty wicked limp after sitting for long period of time. I had a doctor's check up on the 31st of August and my x-ray apparently looked good (I didn't get to see it this time). It was agreed by all that I should continue PT since I was still struggling to lift my left leg. I have my last two PT session next week and after that I plan on scheduling "PT" at the gym so I actually go. My long days at work have started and are totally wearing my body down. The students are now at school 8-5 M-Th and 8-2:30 Fridays. This translates to me being on my feet at least 8 hours per day but actually closer to 10 hours. These last two days I've started having a new, weird pain in my left hip that seems more structural than muscular. I do go back for another check up with Dr. Scheid on October 18th. I may request to see my X-ray this time.

The same day as my hip appointment I also went to the gyno. Of course they found something wrong because nothing ever goes right with my body. So yesterday I went and had an ultrasound done under my right arm because I found a lump over the summer. Thankfully the radiologist thinks it is just a swollen lymph node and I just have to go back in 2 months to get it checked. I'm about done with this doctor stuff btw....

No comments: