Thursday, August 25, 2011

11 weeks and trying to walk

OMG! Work and school has me so busy right now. I've had students at school for the last week and a half. I love my new students and what I am able to do to help them this year. However, long days at work and physical therapy has been tiring. I have 3 more PT sessions left and I go back to see Dr. Scheid next Wednesday. I am walking with only a cane now. Several places I go I will leave the cane at home or in the car. I don't use anything when I am home to walk. I'm hoping by next week I can lose the cane altogether. My biggest struggle is losing the limp and continued knee pain. Most of the PT exercises really irritate my knee cap a lot, but I need to do them to build the muscles back up. I plan on bringing up the continued knee pain at my appointment next week and also the weakness in my right hip. Whenever I alternate and do my PT exercises on my right side, that hip doesn't seem as strong as my post-op left hip. I just don't want to deal with anymore surgeries at this point! Hopefully I will remember to update after my appointment next week.

No comments: