Monday, November 14, 2011

Zumba!

Wow! It has been a long time since I have posted. Work has kept me very busy with planning, grading, and paperwork. I am having an unmotivated night so I figured this was as good as time as any to update. I finished PT in September and I was supposed to start going to the gym regularly after that. But...life is too busy. I've gone here or there, but not enough to make a difference. I am having major issues with my hip tightening up and causing a limp after I sit for longer than a half an hour. This is bad because I have about a half hour drive to work. I randomly get sharp, catching pains in my hip (normally near the end of a week). I also cannot lift my leg without groin pain. I have been able to do the elyptical machine for 20-30 minutes without issues, so I went yesterday for my first Zumba class in a year. My hip did not hold me back except for the moves where I had to lift my left leg. My endurance was the problem. And now every muscle in my body hurts...it actually hurts to breath! It was worth it though. I missed exercising. I just need to find more time for Zumba classes so that I can have fun while I work out. My next follow up appointment is in January. Hopefully I can improve by then. I told my doc mid-October that I felt about how I felt pre-surgery. I'm ready to be 100%!

From the photo on the left to the photo on the right only took 3 1/2 months!

June 4, 2011 September 17, 2011

No comments: